Jan 2, 2010

Is dieting a delusion

Is it really the food? the exercise? The willpower? the the the...etc

Or is it just a matter of good habits, despite what you eat, how much exercise you do and determination you have.

What I know and realise from all related information I came across related to dieting and how to eat healthy; that it is all about your eating habits. If you balance your eating timings around the day, have smaller portions and have a reasonable amount of water; then consequently you should be able to stabilise your weight, stay in shape and most important have a healthy eating routine.

We do many things everyday, a lot of them are part of our natural routines, by natural I mean anything a human being would naturally do, we use our mouth to talk, our legs to walk...etc and from that prospective when we walk we would most likely walk in the same style, talk in the same style...

Now shouldn't we eat in the same style? Perhaps when it comes to food, it is different, since it has a lot of different methods and styles that can be adopted, like before I start my diet, my style was to always favour fast food, soft drinks and chocolates, cakes...etc

I believe my salvation to not get into the style of dieting, then eating freely then dieting again routine, I shall find a style that fits best with my life style and integrated it to be part of it.

To be continued once I consider what are the best styles and routines I would want to adopt.

8 comments:

  1. My boss says (whom also happens to be dieting) that the rapid loss of weight will only result in a rapid increase, just like what happened to you in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nabhan: define rapid increase? Personally my diet last time took about 4 months and I gained back the weight in about 4-5 months, only because I reverted back to the same style I was following before the diet.

    To me this indicates a good level of weight loss and even increase. Unless 4 months is considered rapid enough then that is something else.

    Perhaps I might next post about the healthy speed of weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I beleive dieting is sort of a way to discipline yourself and teaching those eating habits that you must follow to yourself. The thing is though that if you frimly believe that you will lose wait then you most definately will and if you have the will power to let go of the idea that you are on a diet and see that those habits you learnt are a way of life then you'd be slim all your life.

    At least that's what I believed in and it has worked perfectly for me so far. I can eat what I want and manage to be around the same weight I maintained after shedding off those extra pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rummy: It's a good way to look at it and justifies why someone would be hopeful when dieting, though as you said the key is to turn it into a life style. The habit that is...

    Thanks for sharing from your life experience. I wonder if you following any type of program or had a different approach to the whole matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't really follow a program but put in my mind what things I should eat more of and what to cut down. So, I started eating less portions and more meals per day and went back to rollerbladding and swimming. I cut on anything starchy and focused on meats and vegetables. Oh and one important thing was I stopped drinking soft drinks except for the occasional italian soda I treat myself to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rummy: Interesting, you didn't follow a program; though you followed a style and that is the secret!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess so =D
    Once you turn it into a lifestyle. All's good..!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you need diet is important affort and discipline.

    EliKen Marketing.

    ReplyDelete